HOOVER CITY COUNCIL SEEKS APPLICANTS FOR OPEN SEAT ON HOOVER LIBRARY BOARD
The Hoover City Council is looking to fill a volunteer position on the Hoover Library Board. The Hoover City Clerk will accept resumes with a letter of interest beginning October 21, 2022, and ending November 7, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. The City Council is expected to make the appointment at the Monday, November 21, 2022, meeting.
The resume should have a letter of interest included that states why you want to serve on the Library Board and what makes you an ideal candidate.
Email resume with the letter of interest to:
Deliver resume with the letter of interest to:
City Clerk, Hoover City Hall, 100 Municipal Lane, Hoover, AL, 35216
The Library Board shall perform the following duties:
(1) Control the expenditure of all funds received or appropriated for such libraries;
(2) Erect or rent buildings to cost not in excess of the funds available to it;
(3) Purchase books and equipment;
(4) Provide a system of library service to be made easily available to all citizens of the county or municipality through central library, branches, stations, book truck service, or other appropriate means;
(5) Elect a librarian and other employees; and
(6) Manage and control the said library in order to carry out the full intent and purpose of this chapter.