4800 Valleydale Road (82 Acres)
This park has a 5K cross country trail, playgrounds, three beach volleyball courts, two pavilions and a large veterans’ memorial. In addition, the park is surrounded by a four acre lake, one acre pond and a walking/ running trail. Parking and restrooms are available on site.
Pavilions are available for rental. However, For smaller gatherings, like a family picnic or birthday party, no rental is necessary and pavilions are on a first come, first served basis. There is no paperwork or fee associated with Veterans Park pavilion rental. If you are interested in hosting a larger event at Veterans Park, please contact Kaly Bertella at email@example.com or (205) 739-6704.
- Travel south and exit at Valleydale Road.
- At the traffic light, turn left onto Valleydale Road.
- Travel for approximately four miles.
- Drive past the Jefferson State Community College (Shelby campus) and turn left at the next traffic light in front of Spain Park High School.
- The park will be on the right.